Apr 1, 2010

Tis Done! Tis Done!

Hoooooo! Just wrote out the final chapter in novel#2. Hoooooo! I can't believe I'm not saying I have 4 chapters left [which I feel I have said the last two months]. Hoooooo!

Doing a celebration dance over this way.

OK, so it's only the first draft and the work on it is hardly done. But it's not a terrible mess. I don't think it will take me long to edit it. Me hopes.

Novel#1 ... well, I almost dread starting in on its editing. But it has to be done. I must quit dreading and get a more positive frame of mind for it though. It is fun, M. It is fun. When you are done, you can sell it. That's fun. Then you can fix #2 and you'll have two books to sell. Yippee.

So, what am I going to do? Am I going to finish my flash fiction like I said on Monday? NO. [maybe Saturday morning] Am I going to edit my mostly done short story? NO! Am I going to start reading novel#1? NO!

I'm taking a frickin' break. That's what I'm going to do. I'm going to go get prettified and to to Kohls. That's what I'm going to do. Seems the Willamette Writers conference this August is now worth my while. So, I'm going to go. I'm already nervous. There are now four agents taking sci-fi. So, I'm to treat these face-to-face pitches like job interviews. Um, I own nothing but jeans. I do have blazers / jackets, but I could use a decent pair of pants that aren't khakis or jeans. So, I'm going to go out and see what I can find.

I have a lot of practicing to do before that first weekend in August. I don't know yet which novel I'm going to pitch. Depends how far I am in edits - whether I've finished the first and am on the second or what. According to my plan, I should be done with #1 and starting the second by then. But, you know what they say about plans.

Another bit of news. Tuesday I went to the mailbox and there was a key denoting the arrival of a package. I hadn't ordered anything recently, so I assumed Husband had. I open the parcel box and it's for me. It's a book. Maybe it's something I ordered and forgot about. Happens. Well, I open it and it's a cookbook from Taste of Home Healthy Cooking with the note that I'm in it. Yup, my Buffalo Burgers are on page 104 with my name. Cool! I'm in a book.

It's not exactly what I had in mind for my 'getting published' plan, but I'll take it. It's something. I'm in print with an ISBN #. Coolness.

Anyway, it feels great. Novel#2's final chapter has been written. Ya know, I think the story rocks for the most part. Now I'm going to go find some rocking pants.

Thanks to everyone who helped with input, suggestions and listening to me ramble on and on whenever I got stuck. You guys rock! You're my heroes - Kim, Jay, Nikki, my friends at PMO and my critique group. Thank you! A million times over, thank you! By no means are you done though. Rewrites and novel#3 are coming up. And some short stories. :-D After my break though. After my break.

Hooooo!