May 25, 2011

Bring Popcorn, Going to the Moon in 1902


I am part of the affected group of bloggers having difficulty commenting. If you do not allow the name/URL option on your comments, I can't work around it to let you know I stopped by. But I'm not ignoring or neglecting you, my hands are tied until Blogger fixes me. They say soon ... but that was 3 days ago. Siiigh.

The first science fiction movie. A Trip to the Moon (French: Le Voyage dans la Lune) is a 1902 French black and white silent science fiction film. It is based loosely on : From the Earth to the Moon by Jules Verne and The First Men in the Moon by H. G. Wells.

The same stories the amusement, A Trip to the Moon, was based on. Prior to the ride opening in 1901, which I posted about HERE, there were some musicals and stage productions based on this same plot in the late 1880's.

The movie is now in the public domain. Want to see it? In total, it's 12 minutes. Go get your popcorn or whatever else you need to get comfortable.

Part One




Part Two



What's your favorite movie snack? I <3 popcorn.