Jul 27, 2012

Renaissancing at Canterbury Faire



Last weekend, Husband and I drove over the Cascades to attend a Renaissance Faire in Silvterton, OR, The Canterbury Faire. We drove through a place aptly named Sublimity which provided this feast for the eyes. It's worth clicking on the photos for larger views. Honest.



We arrived in time for the knight's show with feats of skill.



And jousting.




We were for the green knight, Cody, who did not fare very well. In fact we were soon chanting, "Dead Guy, dead guy, dead guy."



Afterward, we snagged some victuals and found a hay bale to sit upon in the beer garden. We were well entertained by the Scottish Tarts who sang bawdy songs. Which were quite funny.



We walked around, saw jugglers. Met venders. Very nice people who happily answered my questions and gave me their cards. We met the Queen.




Lots of fodder for my next book, The Renaissance of Hetty Locklear. We had such a good time, I look forward to attending the next Renaissance Faire. With scenery such as this, I never mind a trip over the Cascades.

Mt. Jefferson and Detroit Lake

  Mt. Washington. A forest fire about 10 years ago left the trees bare in this area.

I must say, I love Oregon. Beautiful, beautiful, Oregon.

I'm up at the observatory this weekend. Hope to get some Moon shots. Note: I'm buried trying to finish up my manuscript for Hetty Locklear, so I won't be posting again until next Wednesday.

Hope you all have a marvelous weekend.

Please Note: This blog has moved to http://mpaxauthor.com/blog/ Please join us there. I will only be simultaneously posting on this blog two more weeks.